[kde-sk] Rezervacia prekladov pre KDE 4.3

Jozef Riha jose1711 na gmail.com
Úterý Květen 26 09:38:38 CEST 2009

spytal som sa caslava
(https://translations.launchpad.net/~caslav-ilic), ci je uz cas zacat
prekladat 4.3 a zanechat 4.2 alebo prekladat obe paralelne:

Last day for 4.3 translation is July 21st, and there will for sure be 4.2.4
on May 27th. Don't know if there is going to be 4.2.5 (at least it's not on
the release schedule:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Release_Schedule). So... I don't
know which branch is best to continue working on :) Because of these
ambiguities (with extragear it's even more fuzzy), for my language we work
"in parallel but not exactly" (see at end of this message).

Anyway, so long as you stick to working exclusively in one branch at a given
time, to painlessly switch from stable to trunk at the moment you decide
you'd continue working on trunk, you can execute the following procedure.

First you need to have locally the following directories, exactly mirroring
the repository tree structure (this is anyway good idea to have):

 $KDEREPO/
     trunk/
         l10n-kde4/
             scripts/
             templates/
             sk/
         l10n-support/
             scripts/
             pology/
     branches/
         stable/
             l10n-kde4/
                 scripts/
                 templates/
                 sk/

Then, execute the following:

 $ cd $KDEREPO/trunk/l10n-support/
 $ export PATH=$PWD/pology/scripts:$PATH
 $ mkdir -p sk/summit/
 $ echo "S.branches.reverse()" > sk/summit/messages.extras.summit
 $ posummit scripts/messages.summit sk gather --create --force
 (...wait quite some time...)
 $ posummit scripts/messages.summit sk scatter trunk:
 (...wait more of quite some time...)

After this is done, you can just commit
$KDEREPO/trunk/l10n-kde4/sk/messages/ (any new files will have been properly
added to version control, etc.), and revert and remove the intermediate
l10n-support/sk/ that got created:

 $ cd $KDEREPO/trunk/l10n-support/
 $ svn revert -R sk && rm -rf sk

You cannot use this procedure to work on two branches in parallel, as it
will overwrite anything in trunk with that from stable. It is thus to be
executed only once, when switching work from stable to trunk.

However, this procedure is just a funny side-effect use of something that is
intended to thoroughly smooth out branch business; here the story on that:
http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Workflows/PO_Summit

aky je Vas nazor? kedy chcete preklopit stable do trunku? osobne sa mi
commitovat do trunku aj stable prilis nechce.

jose