[linux] cygwin + XFree410

Zdenko Podobny zdpo na mailbox.sk
Úterý Srpen 21 22:20:44 CEST 2001

17.8.2001 10:48:51, Toth Adrian <adrian.toth na siemens.at> wrote:
Maly vycuc z FAQ z  www.xfree86.org

Q.A13- How about a MS-DOS or MS-Windows port?
There is some work being done to create a free port of XFree86 to  Microsoft
Windows.  However, in the mean time, if you need to run X on  such a platform you'll
need to use one of the available commercial servers
(http://www.rahul.net/kenton/xsites.html#XMicrosoft).

One of the commercial products,  X Appeal (http://www.xtreme.it/), is from an XFree86
sponsor and is a port of the XFree86 servers to MS-DOS. They also have a freely
available demo version.

Q.A14- But I heard X supports Windows NT.
X11R6.3 does include some support for MicroSoft Windows NT.  However, it
 is only for building the libraries and some client programs.  If you want an
 X server, for now, you'll have to buy one. See the previous question.

Osobne si myslim, ze ak by sa to niekomu podarilo, tak by o tom bola zmienka na
xfree86.org. Ak ked uznavam, ze niektore info na tejto stranke uz peknu dobu neboli
obnovovane.

Zdeno