[linux] mutt + inline pgp podpis

Petr Vanek vanous na penguin.cz
Čtvrtek Prosinec 20 23:27:29 CET 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 11:39:46AM +0100, carcass wrote:
> zdravim,
> da sa nejak nastavit mutt aby podpisy daval normalne do tela mejlu ?
> dava tam nieco ako
> ale inline to nieje, resp vsetky mejlove klienty beru ten podpis ako
> attachment (teda ho nezobrazuju)
>
> --

http://www.mutt.org/doc/PGP-Notes.txt

Q: "I don't like that PGP/MIME stuff, but want to use the
old way of PGP-signing my mails.  Can't you include
that with mutt?"

The old answer to this question used to be this:

No.  Application/pgp is not really suited to a world with MIME,
non-textual body parts and similar things.  Anyway, if you
really
want to generate these old-style attachments, include the
following macro in your ~/.muttrc (line breaks for
readability,
this is actually one line):

macro compose S "Fpgp +verbose=0 -fast
+clearsig=on\ny^T^Uapplication/pgp; format=text;
x-action=sign\n"

There's a new answer, though: Set the
$pgp_create_traditional
configuration variable (it's a
quad-option) to something different
from "no" (that's the default).  Mutt
will then try to use
application/pgp whereever it makes
sense.  In particular, it does
not make any sense with multiparts, or
non-ASCII or non-text bodies.
In all other cases, PGP/MIME is used
unconditionally.

Note that application/pgp is still
strongly deprecated.

--

bye

Vanous
Petr Vanek                       ..... ./\.  ....
Debian GNU Linux                 .. _|\|  |/|_ ..
vanous na penguin.cz                .. \        /...
http://www.penguin.cz/~vanous    ... >______< ...
Angus, Ontario, CA               ...... / .......
Registered linux user #217487