[linux] squid

Valašťan Štefan stefan.valastan na scp.sk
Úterý Duben 30 13:04:01 CEST 2002

Tak toto je z FAQ ku squid-u
dufam ze ti to pomoze

Steve

4.21 Can I prevent users from downloading large files?

You can set the global reply_body_max_size parameter. This option controls
the largest HTTP message body that will be sent to a cache client for one
request.

If the HTTP response coming from the server has a Content-length header,
then Squid compares the content-length value to the reply_body_max_size
value. If the content-length is larger, the server connection is closed and
the user receives an error message from Squid.

Some responses don't have Content-length headers. In this case, Squid counts
how many bytes are written to the client. Once the limit is reached, the
client's connection is simply closed.

Note that ``creative'' user-agents will still be able to download really
large files through the cache using HTTP/1.1 range requests.