[linux] OT: ochrana proti kopirovaniu CD

Juraj Bednar juraj na bednar.sk
Středa Listopad 6 15:21:04 CET 2002

An Anonymous Cow writes "The register has a new story about claims by
Bertelsmann that they'll stop manufacturing uncrippled audio CDs. More
can be found on Bertelsmann's own site (info by region, Europe only).
Trouble playing it in your car stereo? According to BMG the error is
your player's, and not their CD's. Quote: 'As far as we were advised,
our copy protection is according to the Red Book Standard as well as all
labelling on the cd.' In English: they don't even find it necessary to
indicate on the CD cover that it's copy protected, nor do they think it
advisable to listen to Philips' objections against using the CD logo on
crippled discs, instead there's a label claiming that the CD is fully
Red Book-compliant. It looks like this is a test case, because only all
European CDs will be crippled."

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/11/06/1312259&mode=thread&tid=141

--
Juraj Bednar             | Homepage at http://juraj.bednar.sk/