[linux] HPT370 hardware raid howto?

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar na fantomas.sk
Pondělí Duben 28 09:28:13 CEST 2003

-> zufalstvo uspesne pokracuje....

pozrel si si vlastne docs k linux kernelu?

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID:
Say Y or M if you have an IDE Raid controller and want linux
to use its softwareraid feature.  You must also select an
appropriate for your board low-level driver below.

Note, that Linux does not use the Raid implemetation in BIOS, and
the main purpose for this feature is to retain compatibility and
data integrity with other OS-es, using the same disk array. Linux
has its own Raid drivers, which you should use if you need better
performance.

ehm, myslim ze by to mohlo _vela_ vysvetlit...
--
Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar na fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.