[sklug] LWB-2003 in Slovakia

Franz Stieber franz na bugat.at
Úterý Říjen 1 00:13:35 CEST 2002

On 30.09.02 21:19 +0200, Stanislav Meduna wrote:
> Hi,
Hello,

> > A meeting, a kind of event? My first plan was that the BUGAT visits ~2
> > towns in .sk where are un*x-users, where we can make a workshop and a
> > casual talk by trinking some beer. :-)
>
> Well, I'm all for it, but as I am unable to invest time
> into actually organizing such a workshop, this does not
> mean much... OTOH a casual talk and drinking some beer
> is no problem :-)
I think such a talk would be the best way to talk about a propably
bigger meeting like the LBW oder something like this. If there is any
interest from the side of the SKLUG to organize such a event?

> Other opinions?
Hm, I hope that there are more people in the SKLUG who can give a
workshop. :)

> > The BUGAT meetings are regularly in german and are only "stammtische" (I
> > don't know the english word for this, propably someone can translate it
> > :),
>
> Ummm - do you mean a regular quite small informal (without a fixed
> program) meeting of people mostly knowing each other and
> discussing just about anything? :-))) I don't know a one-word
> english nor slovak translation (although everyone understands
> what a Stammgast is :-)).
hehe, ok :-), but Stammgast is still not the same like Stammtisch. :)

> > I think it would be more interessting for you to visit the BUGAT when
> > we are making a workshop or a seminar
>
> Probably.
>
> > or would you also interested in a "stammtisch" meeting?!?
>
> I would probably visit both from time to time (it is always
> interesting to meet other enthusiasts :-)), but I cannot comment
> for others.
Sure, I will write to this list when the next meeting in Vienna is. I
hope I can organize a BUGAT meeting in the next one or two months.

bye, Franz