[sklug] Re: novinky z bruselu

Peter Mann Peter.Mann na tuke.sk
Neděle Říjen 1 17:34:02 CEST 2006

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 01:41:29PM +0200, Jan Husar wrote:
> zoscannovane brief info o Floss_metrics a ICT economic impact..
>
> http://skosi.org/~rejden/commission/
>
> ak viete o nejakom sposobe ako dostat odtial ten text tak sa prosim ozvite

priklad:

giftopnm ICT_study_page1.gif > ICT_study_page1.pnm
gocr ICT_study_page1.pnm > ICT_study_page1.txt

cat ICT_study_page1.txt

_   (PICTURE)_ _

EcoMomicimpac_o_F'OSSonjMMova'ioM_dcomp' e'�'ivenesso_'he_EU'CTsec'o_
_          S_dy on the:
Economic impact ofopen source so_ware
on innovation and the competitiveness ofthe
Information and Commun�cation Techno_ogies
(ICT) sector in the EU

Dra_. final report

Prepared on September 26, 2006

Lead conhactor; UNU-_RIT, the Netherlands
Subcontractors:
Universidad Rey Juan C_los, Spain       _
,          Universi_ ofLime_ck, Ireland
Society for Public Info_ation Spaces, France
Business Innovation Cenhe ofAlto Adige-S�dtirol, Italy

Prepared by: Ri'shab Aiyer Ghosh, MERIT

_ 2006 MERlT. Prep_ed on September I6, 2006
1

cat floss_metrics_page2.txt

(PICTURE)(PICTURE)_    _ t t _

why FLossMerRIcs7.          thifd phaSe the feSUltS �f the ProjeCt will be
validated and adapted to the needs of the
In recent years, libre soAware has developed     target communities.            _
as a noveI form of collaborative production.
Since its or�gin as a collaboration between                 _      _(PICTURE)
� ndjvid ua l   vol unteers,   jt   has   seen                 ,_
tremendous success, both in terms of the          _       _
commerciaI and technical strengths of the          '_       ?_ _;_    '
produced soAware itself, but also as a model          '_     _?.
of  organisation  and  development;  open          _,
source soAwa re is a rg ua bly one of the best          __
examples of open, distributed models for          __  '
production  and  development  that  exists     _
today. What iS more iMportant, froM the     _
point of view of the classical approaches to
deveIopment methodoIogies by groups of     ..
professionals (and specifically from the point     ;
of view of the classical concepts of soAware     ^_
engineering),  the  modeIs  used  in  libre
soAware  development  are  innovative  in     M(PICTURE)'   M5   M'O   M'5   M'O   M25   M30
several ways, to the point that they are only
recognized as valid models at all since they     Target useFs and diSSeMination
have actually produced mature and stable
soAware: any previous ''theoretical'' analysis     The USabili_ Of the reSUltS Of the Pr OieC
would have probably concluded that l:bre     (dataSetS and StUdieS) Will be tar9eted tO
soAware development was not capable of     SeVeral di_erent USerS: 5MES. deVelOPdi?. 9.Ojr
producing any sustained useful output        USin9 lib?e SOAWare (Or eVe? IntereSte  In It,
                  '         '        industrial players developing libre soAware
_ In thiS CO?teXt, fL055METRICS Will a?aIYZe     and the I;bre soAware community at large'.
_     in depth, frOM a qUant'ltat'IVe pO'lnt Of V'leW, a     Based on the feedback obtained jn these
Iaf�e  nUMbef  Of  pfOjeCtS,  USin9  Mainly     contexts  a complete _xploitat;on strategy
publicly available data sources. This analysis     w;ll also be des;gned
will help to better understand the landscape                 '
of libre soAware development, and to obtain     DiSSeMinatiO? tO theSe COMMUbnitieS Will.br.e
Factual data. about it which can be used to     pe?OfMed USin9 the pfOjeC.t We Site, SpeCl IC
;mprove l;b,e soAware development ;tseIF     pfeSentationS  at  ConfefenCeS,  and  by
(be  ;t  done  ;n  volunteer  or  corporate     Of�aniZin9  a  SerieS  Of WOfkShOPS.  Wide
contextsj,  and  to  :dent.l_  :nterest:ng     impact of the reSUltS Will be SUPPO_ed bY
practices  that  could  be  used  in  other     USin9 OPe? aCCeSS liCenSeS fOr all OUtPU
contexts, but also to obtain indicaton and     dOCUMentS.
data useful for companies willing to use libre     The data is also expected to be useful for the
soAware,  or  for  public  administrations     scientific community, which could use it for
intertested in its promotion or adoption. In   .  their research lines, thus helping to improv
addition, a huge database with quantitative     the general unders.tanding of . libre soAware
data  about  thousands  of  libre  soAware     development.
projects will be made available for the use of      I     t.  th    _     d    .
other research groups, what hoperully w:ll      MPaC  In   e SO  Wafe  OMaln
aCt aS a MOtiV_tOr tO inCreaSe the eMPifiCal     The impact of the project is expected to be
reSearCh On libfe SOAWare deVelOPMent (and     Iarge  ;n  the  libre  ioAware  development
On SOAWare deVelOPMent in 9enefal).         realm  (and  in  the  whole  soAware
Ro,dMap              development Iandscape). FL0S5METRIC5 will
produce the most com_lete and detailed
FLOSSMETRIC5 is scheduled in three main     view  of  the  cu_ent  landscape  of  libre
phases (running partialIy in parallel). The     soAware,  providing  not  only  a  static
first one will set up the infrastructure for the     snapshot of how projects are pe?o_ing
project, and the first version of the database     now, but also historical information about
with factuaI data. During the second phase     the  last  ten  yean  of  libre  soAware
most of the studies and analysis will be     development.
pe?Ofrned, and the CO?tentS Of the databaSe                  http.//rlossmetr;cs org
will be enlarged and improved. During the                    '        '

Pro_le lST - FLOSSMETRICS

urcite nejakym vyladenim parametrov gocr by sa dal dosiahnut lepsi vysledok

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk