[sklug] RE: [SPAM] - [OSS Alliance (Members):] Re: novinky z bruselu - Email found in subject

Hruška Josef josef.hruska na micr.cz
Středa Říjen 4 09:59:01 CEST 2006

Co se tyce FLOSSMETRICS, bohuzel, zatim to na me dela dojem, ze se snazi o to same/velmi podobne na cem se pracuje u Business Readiness Rating. Akorat ze se snazi na to od EK vysosat 583 tis. EUR.

FLOSSMETRICS
The main results of FLOSSMETRICS will be:
- a guge database with factual details about all the studied projects;
- some higher level analysis and studies which will help to understand how libre software is actually developed;
- a sustainable platform for continued, publicly avalable benchmarking and analysis beyond the lifetime of this project.
With these resluts, European industry, SMEs, as well as public administrations and individuals will be able to take informed decisions about how to benefit from the competitive advantage of libre software, either as a development process or in the evaluation and choosing of individual software applications.

BRR
The calculation employed in the Business Readiness Rating model weights the factors
that have proven to be most important for successful deployment of open source
software in specific settings. Among these are functionality, quality, performance,
support, community size, security, and others. The Business Readiness Rating model
is open and flexible, yet standardized. This allows for broad implementation of a
systematic and transparent assessment of both open source software and
proprietary software.

Josef Hruška
Ministerstvo informatiky ČR